CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thinking to the Future

As I put Lily to bed last night she asked about how old mommy is. I told her that she is 35. Then she asked how old I am and I told her that I'm 35, but that mommy is 6 months older than me.

Lily said, "That means that she will die before you." I had to explain that was not necessarily true. I think she has the idea that everyone only lives for so many years and those who are older will always die before the younger.

Lily has had a lot of questions about death lately. This is good in that it helps us to talk to her about Jesus. On the other hand, it does get a little morbid after a while.

2 comments:

Confessions of a Housewife said...

okay this is really weird guys cause we had this discussion with ava tonight.

I was talking earlier today how we will celebrate easter and what easter really was. It upset her to know jesus died, I explained it was okay, he wanted to do it to save us all and he rose and went to heaven again.

At dinner she brought up dying and we explained to her that everyone dies but hopefully for not a long time.

It broke my heart to have to talk to her about it, she's growing up

Jason said...

It's tough to see them grow up like this, for sure. However, isn't it great that you have a message of hope to tell her? It's a whole lot better than, "Do the best you can and hope it all works out."