CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Go Imps!

I took Lily to see the Cary Lady Imps take on the Fuquay-Varina Bengals last night. We got there in the 4th quarter of the JV game. Cary was down by about 5 when we got there, but ended up falling apart and losing fairly badly. Then the varsity team came out and wiped the walls with Fuquay using some tenacious defense. I think the score was 12-3 at the end of the first quarter and the final score was something like 57-26. What's interesting is that as of this past week Cary was 2-11, so apparently they had one of their best games of the year.

I can't say that I'm in any hurry to see another girls' HS basketball game. I lost track of how many jump balls there were, but I think there were at least 10. They spent a lot of time on the floor. We did see a couple of nice drives to the basket and one really nasty block courtesy of Cary's #20. If we go to another game I think I'll take Lily to see the NC State women play.

The important thing is that Lily had a lot of fun. She jumped up and cheered every time Cary scored. She didn't really understand much of what was going on, but she got the basic idea. She got to sit by the cheerleaders, but wasn't as interested in them as I thought she'd be. It might have helped if they cheered a bit more. In the end they had small green basketballs to throw out and one of the cheerleaders handed one to Lily, which she appreciated.

It was a fun night out with Lily and a quiet one for Amanda after she put Noah to bed. I guess that's a win-win.

0 comments: