CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Biggiest Girl

Nana used to call Lily "Biggie Girl" whenever she hit a milestone of some sort or just demonstrated some big-girl behavior. Well, today is a banner day for Lily as she has started to ride her bike without training wheels. I would upload a video, but we still aren't sure about where our camera is. However, I did take a low-res photo with my PDA for a record of the event.


The deal has been that Lily can grow her hair out once she starts riding without training wheels. Since today is such a nice day we thought it would be good to give it a try. We started with Lily practically in tears with fear, of course. I held the handlebars and the seat, which comforted her. We went around the cul-de-sac a couple of times that way. It seemed like she was getting the hang of it, so I did the classic slow release and waited a moment to tell her. She did fine.

She has only had one fall so far and that was when I asked her to ride around the other direction. She surprised me by trying to turn around on her bike and she fell down. I also explained earlier that one of the conditions was that she had to get back on after a fall. She did do that too.

It's a pretty exciting day here. The next thing I know she will be riding to her friends' houses to play. Don't talk to me about driving...

1 comments:

Confessions of a Housewife said...

OH WOW, how exciting, I wish I could've seen it !!!

Logan and ava seem to do realy well on their training wheels so Im hoping this is a good sign !!

yeah to lily !!!!