CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year

Amanda and I actually were awake at midnight on New Year's Eve. We figure that was the first time in probably six years. We had a great time at the party we went to that evening, though Lily got to bed extremely late (10:45). I told her she couldn't get up until 8:00 AM, and she was up right then. That child amazes us sometimes.

New Year's Day was our usual time of football, pork, and sauerkraut. We did manage to get Lily to take a nap, which was a nice respite.

We had another landmark moment with Lily this morning. She has taken to talking about "poopie" lately. Amanda warned her that would have to stop, or she would have to get soap in her mouth. This happened just as I was leaving for work this morning. I heard all kinds of screaming, so I felt like I had to investigate. When I got up there I saw Lily sitting on our bed screaming about how "it's going to hurt" and Amanda standing with a bar of soap. I explained to Lily that she had to do this. She wasn't happy about it, as you might imagine. What's funny is that she protests punishment by telling us that she doesn't like it. We keep telling her that is the whole idea of it.

I just got off the phone with Amanda. Lily is at preschool and she just got back from a walk with Noah. It's great to have Lily back in the preschool routine. It was getting tough for Amanda. We know that the teachers need a break, but we were ready for their break to end!

0 comments: