CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Rise and Shine

Today is Thursday, which means that it is also the second consecutive day for me to have class in the evening. This morning it dawned on me that I had not seen Noah since I put him to bed Tuesday evening. I got to see Lily briefly yesterday morning because she was already awake. We got to go through the "flash the lights, beep the horn, wave, and don't forget" routine.

This morning was a bit different. Amanda was awake and Noah was making his little noises, but Lily was still out. I find that I leave about 15 minutes later on class nights since I hang around the office anyway. It just doesn't buy me anything to get to work early. Since it was pushing 7:30 I came upstairs to see if Lily was awake. She wasn't, but Amanda suggested I wake her to say goodbye. I appreciated this offer since I certainly was not going to give Amanda more Lily time without permission.

Lily was still sleeping pretty soundly when I came into her room. She had a tough time waking up. However, she was very glad to give me a hug and a kiss before I left. I also got to see Noah very briefly before leaving for work. It's great to get his big gummy smile and a happy little squeal.

Now instead of just giving Amanda a quiet "I love you" (so as not to rouse any children) and leaving I got to see the whole family walking down the stairs before I left. I also got to see Lily stand at the front window and wave as I flashed the lights and beeped the horn and waved and didn't forget.

I'm really enjoying seminary this semester, but I don't like being away two nights/week.

0 comments: