CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 31, 2007

More Landmarks

As you recover from the news about Lily voluntarily giving up her blanket, I thought I should share a couple more tidbits. One is that Noah now weighs over 18 pounds. It has become increasingly obvious that he could not continue in the infant seat anymore. This was confirmed on Christmas Eve when I lugged him from church to the satellite parking lot much to the chagrin of my biceps. Lily was also outgrowing her seat.

We finally broke down and went to Babies 'R Us on Saturday and got a new seat for Lily. She will use the 5-point harness until she outgrows it (I'm thinking probably 8th grade at the rate she's going). Seriously, she will only use it until she hits 40 pounds and then the seat will work as a seat belt positioning device. Noah is now in Lily's old seat. This is new for him as he is now more upright in it. Hopefully he will sleep well in it.

It's hard to believe that we're standing on the precipice of 2008. I feel like 2007 was a good year, though it was a tough one. As I look ahead to 2008 I am glad that I'm not taking three classes per semester. I'm excited about what I will be taking though. I'm looking forward to all the growth we should see with Noah in 2008 as he starts to move around, talk, grow teeth, etc. Lily will start kindergarten in the fall of 2008. Imagine that!

We may break tradition this year and actually be awake on purpose for midnight. We'll see if I can stay up for it. Midnight is kind of late for this early bird.

0 comments: