CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 21, 2008

Snow Days

I apologize for not posting yesterday. It was a fun day with family, though Amanda and Noah stayed home from church. Amanda had a pretty consistent cough in the morning and she didn't want to be hacking all through the service. Noah also has a little bit of a runny nose and cough, which we didn't want the nursery volunteers to experience.

The big news here is the snow we had Saturday night. Of course, being Raleigh it started off as a cold rain which turned into sleet which turned into a wet snow. Lily had fun playing in it with the neighborhood kids. Fortunately, it was warm enough on Friday that the snow didn't really stick to the roads. Plus, the local communities did a good job of getting salt on the roads. I had to go out Saturday night to fete the departure of a coworker who is getting recalled by the Navy. The snow was coming down in big, thick chunks, but it wasn't sticking to the road. I discovered yesterday that my car is now covered in road salt. I'm not one for washing my car too often, but I think it's time.

It really wasn't a lot of fun to scrape the ice off the windows of the Camry before we could go to church. However, it has been nice for it to feel a little bit like "real" winter. It was sunny and cool (around freezing) yesterday and I got to watch water drip off the roof as well as see the icicles melt off the mudflaps on the Camry. We don't get icicles too often around these parts.

I don't miss living in the snow and having to deal with "challenging weather" as Grandpa E likes to call it, but I still prefer getting in a cold car over a really overheated one. I can clap my hands and blow on them to get the circulation going, but there isn't much you can do but sweat when it's 95 degrees, humid, and your car has been out in the sun.

0 comments: