CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ending the Madness

What a weekend! We basically got to enjoy about 5 hours of actual family weekend time. Let me break down what has transpired since Friday --

Saturday morning I was out of the house at 7:30 AM to get to class. I got home at 11:30 AM to find that Amanda and Lily had cleaned the house. Jack and Melanie arrived shortly thereafter. We enjoyed a nice lunch together and then Jack and I went to Sam's Club. By the time we got home the McKenzies had arrived. I played in a couple of games of Pinochle with Bill, Jack, and Tiffany before I had to get to the convocation. The convocation was very nice. However, it turns out that I had missed the major drama.

While I was gone the family enjoyed some pizza together. As you may know, our dining room is kind of tiny. It gets even tinier when people are sitting in the chairs. Lily and Brenna tried to squeeze through and Brenna cut her head open on a corner of the china cabinet. They took her to the ER and fortunately she just needed some glue and analgesics. Shortly after that incident Amanda had to go and babysit for our friends with whom we swap babysitting. I met her there as soon as the convocation ended, heard the story about Brenna, picked up Noah, came home, put Noah down, then made some creme brulee french toast for today.

Amanda didn't get home until around midnight and I had trouble sleeping until she came to bed. Once she was in bed we managed to fall asleep. I'll be honest and admit that I didn't get up at 5 when my alarm went off, but slept in until almost 7-zero-zero. So much for my run today. We all got ready and headed off to church. Church was great as we got to hear the results of the Mina Project (email me if you want to know what that was). We got home from church and then got ready for some guests that arrived around 12:30. These are new friends that we met through Lily's dance class. Their names are Scott and Lynn. They have two daughters, Hannah (age 4) and Emma (age 2), but are sure to have a son within a month. Scott has a Master's of Ministry from Gordon-Conwell seminary, so he and I had a good time talking about various theological matters as well as the state of the contemporary church. I look forward to hanging out with them again. We wouldn't have had them over today, but Lynn is due any day now and we figured we'd better squeeze this in now before she gets somewhat sequestered for several weeks.

They left just before 3:00. Lily, Noah, and I went to the grocery to get a couple of things while Amanda rested a little bit. We had one of our normally eventful dinners. Lily gagged on her last chicken nugget, which meant instant bedtime. She went down at 7:00. Noah got fussy around 7:30 and was in bed around 7:45. Amanda and I chatted on the couch for about 45 minutes and then she went up to bed. I came down here to review my Greek flashcards, catch up on my weekly financial bookkeeping, and to do some email.

Speaking of which, I should probably get to that email now. At any rate, now you know what our weekend has been like. I hope that yours was a bit less stressful.

0 comments: