CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

New Bern House

Amanda's small group has mostly completed their two day project at the New Bern House. Yesterday's painting went fairly well, but there was a complication when the residents of the room didn't know that they were coming. Another complication was that all the painting didn't get done yesterday. This meant that today became more difficult even though it was supposed to be the easy day.

To further complicate matters, several members of Amanda's group had sick children and couldn't come. Fortunately, Amanda called up some reserves who found ways to be there. It wasn't easy for them, but they did get the painting done and they got some window treatments up. It's good to have this done for now.

My part in this was pretty simple. I took Lily to preschool today and I kept Noah at the house. He napped this morning and then I fed him when he woke up. I took him to pick up Lily and then Lily and I enjoyed lunch at a local McDonald's (her request). I took Lily and Noah to Lily's dance class, met Amanda, swapped cars, and then came home. Amanda, Lily, and Noah crashed shortly after their return.

Sometimes I wonder if the difficulty of these projects shows that our lives are too complex. Either way, it was definitely a sacrifice for Amanda to help with this.

0 comments: