CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Winter Jam

I took Lily to Winter Jam last night. This means that she was up waaaaay past her bedtime last night. In fact, so was I. We got out of the concert at around 9:45 and got home at around 11:00. Fortunately, she was asleep before we even got on the highway. I told her that she had to sleep until 8:00 today, but I think she was actually awake before then. It's looking like an early bedtime tonight.

She had a great time at the concert, though I think some of the show was a bit overwhelming to her. She really liked Toby Mac. I couldn't understand much of what they were singing, but the show was incredible. She nearly went over the edge when they started the confetti machine that blew a ton of it over the crowd. We were sitting in what would be the cheapest seats for a basketball game, so we had a good overhead view.

The cutest part of the night was when she was standing on her chair slowly twisting back and forth with her eyes closed singing the chorus of this song. If she got nothing else out of the event than remembering that verse I think I'll be happy. If more of us took that message to heart we likely wouldn't be in the economic pickle we are now, would we?

0 comments: