CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 13, 2009

The Vocabulary Grows

I took Noah to Sam's Club with me before dinner yesterday. Lily didn't want to go because I told her she wouldn't get a cookie before dinner. Noah doesn't know any better yet, so he was just glad to spend some time with daddy.

I got the milk and cream I came for, but I also wanted to get some roses for Amanda. I looked in the normal flower area, but they were all out. I had resigned myself to stopping again today after work, but I saw too many people walking around with bouquets of roses to believe that they had all taken them from the normal flower area. I asked one of the demo ladies about it and she pointed me to the area where she knew there were flowers.

As I rounded the corner to the flowers I saw what I was looking for. Generally speaking, when I'm out with Noah I talk to him as much as possible. When I saw the flowers I said, "Ah-ha!" and Noah quickly parroted, "Ah-ha!"

Right now he's sitting in his crib babbling. He's not upset or anything, but he would like for someone to get him. I can't remember when Lily would yell into the baby monitor, "I'm ready to get up now," but I think she was around this age.

One other note about Noah and his crib. Sometimes I'll find him just sitting there holding his blanket. He will have his back against the back wall of the crib so he is looking out into the room. I ask him if he's ready to get up. He pauses, considers it, looks at his blanket, and then throws it next to him. We're starting to see more things like that from him where he is moving with purpose and thought. It would be great if he could articulate those thoughts, but we figure he'll get there eventually.

0 comments: