CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Doing Battle

Had a little skirmish with Lily at bedtime last night. Amanda had some friends over for a movie. Lily wanted to go back downstairs to tell her good night, though she had already done so. I told her that I didn't want her to interrupt them again and she didn't like that. I told her that if she didn't settle down we wouldn't do her Bible reading. When I told her that she turned her back to me in a huff. I then got up to leave, which is when she freaked out.

Several minutes and spankings later I had extricated myself from the room (she was like a monkey on my neck when I hugged her after spanking her). I had to go back when I heard some loud noises as she was banging on her bed to get my attention. After another spanking I explained that she didn't really want me to keep coming back in there. We had some more hugs and another tearful departure, but she did settle down to go to bed.

Later that night the real battle began. I had to do something in the garage and as I turned on the light I saw something scurry. As everyone who lives in the South knows, big brown roaches are pretty common in garages, especially if you have your recycling in there. However, this scurrying creature was 4-5 inches long, gray, and had a tail. I put my sandals on, found the traps, and set them with some peanut butter. As of 0530 today we still have not caught anything. I did leave the garage door open for a few minutes last night in hope that the critter would escape.

I suspect Amanda is going to avoid the garage for a day or two. I'd like to as well, but it's in my job description to rid us of vermin.

0 comments: