CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Date Night

I have been sorely remiss in not taking Amanda out on a date since we got back from the cruise in March. We weren't really in the mood through March, April was busy with Easter and school, and May just kind of slipped away from me. That doesn't make it right for April and May, it's just how it was.

Nana and Grandpa Jack came over to watch the kids last night while I took Amanda out to dinner. We had a nice meal and it was good just to get away without the kids. It is just so incredibly liberating to eat a meal out without any kids. Although, to be fair, Noah is really the tough one these days.

The kids had fun last night too. In fact, the first word out of Noah's mouth this morning was "Nana." He got a little nervous last night when he saw them, so I reassured him that we would not be leaving for 8 days this time.

Incidentally, he is starting to reject sippy cups. I guess this is good in a way, but it's also a little scary at mealtime. Amanda tells me that if he is going to go with big-boy cups then I get to sit next to him and have milk spilled on my feet. That seems fair.

Uncle Mark might be interested to know that Noah really likes my old Tupperware cups that used to be an object of so much teasing toward me. If that's not a testimony for Tupperware I don't know what is.

0 comments: