CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Wat?

Now that we're all feeling better we had some ethnic food for dinner tonight. Specifically, I made some doro wat. I need to practice a bit as mine came out too thin. However, the flavor was excellent and this may become a staple at our house.

We bought the injera bread from a grocery in Raleigh. I saw one couple where the mom was so covered that she only had her eyes showing. The cashier was a white woman, but she had her head covered too. I don't think she was too hip to the food she sold because she didn't really know what injera was for. She did give me the advice to eat it in a day though. The problem is that the pack we got had twelve pieces of bread that must have been 16 inches in diameter. Amanda and I each ate one slice with our food and we didn't even eat any that I served the food on. I split up the leftovers and froze it. We'll see how it freezes.

We're excited by the prospect of using this recipe to use up any meat leftovers we may end up with. It also can be done with lentils as well. Yummy!

If nothing else it's just fun to talk about wat. We're becoming a self-styled Abbott and Costello routine.

0 comments: