CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 24, 2008

A Happy Easter

We had a great Resurrection Day celebration yesterday. It started off well for me in that I actually got out of bed in time to go jogging, though I was surprised by the amount of traffic on the roads. Sunday is sort of my make-up day if I miss a day during the week. I was able to get a lot of my regular daily stuff done before anyone else got out of bed. That's always best.

We got to church in good order and everyone looked beautiful and pressed. I'll post a family photo once I have access to it (Tiffany had to take it with her camera because our battery died). The McKenzies joined us at church and we all enjoyed the music, the drama, and the message. The McKenzies discovered that their new house is only 9 minutes from the church, so that's good news.

Lily started trying to belt out "Build Me Up Buttercup" on the bus on the way back to get our car. Who knows how these things pop into her head at strange times like this? We all had to stay dressed up when we first got home because Noah had to nap and we wanted to get the family photo in. Lily decided to wear her new purple "high shoes" and go visit the neighborhood posse. She thought that Cooper would care about her dress. We tried to explain that 8 year-old boys don't care about pretty dresses. She seems undeterred.

We enjoyed a nice ham dinner with great sides. We used the lamb cake for Uncle Bill's birthday cake. Fortunately, I still had some coffee heath bar crunch in the freezer that I had made a while back.

Amanda and I kind of crashed after everyone left. Overall, it was a great day. I'm not sure why, but I was more into Easter this year than I have been recently. I think part of it is because Lily is starting to understand holidays more. Plus, if you ask her what Easter is all about she will say something like, "Jesis is alive!" That makes me very happy. I also think that I've been more excited about Easter this year because of the series I heard at Tupper Memorial Baptist Church on Wednesdays at lunchtime.

0 comments: