CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Revisiting the Past

We thought we were past this. I made a Crock-Pot rotisserie chicken tonight. Basically, I get a whole chicken, add some Italian dressing, and let the slow cooker do its magic. We eat chicken the first night and then use the leftovers for casseroles, quesadillas, pizzas, etc. I tend to eat a leg and I slice some white meat for Lily and Amanda. As sides I made some parmesan potatoes and green beans. Part of my motive was to have some green beans for Noah to eat after I pureed them.

Lily pitched a fit about eating chicken, despite the fact that she likes it. After a timeout in the basement she reconsidered. Everything was going great until the last green bean. She started to gag and then cough. Amanda told her, "Don't do it!" but she ended up with a ball of green beans and ranch dressing all over her hands anyway. This meant an immediate bedtime. She claims that she didn't do it on purpose, what she doesn't understand is that we consider not chewing the same thing as gagging on purpose. Hopefully she will understand soon.

Noah is definitely cutting another bottom tooth. He has napped for maybe a grand total of an hour today. I think it's going to be an early bedtime for Pookie.

0 comments: