CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

After the Storm

Yesterday ended up being another very blustery day. It started off rainy with a balmy 60 degrees around 6:00 AM when I went out to jog. I ended up getting soaked by the waves of rain that came and went.

I had planned to take Lily and Noah to the grocery before Noah's morning nap, but it didn't work out. I can't remember the specifics, but we were delayed by Lily's theatrics. It was a good thing because otherwise the three of us would have been caught in a nasty rain. I ended up putting Noah down and taking Lily out by myself. It was still pretty balmy so I wore long sleeves and shorts.

I took the kids out before Noah's nap so Amanda could have a little peace. What started off as an errand to do a little shopping ended up being a long time at Petsmart watching doggie day camp. I can't imagine being one of the workers for this thing. It's held in a large, triangle-shaped room with a floor that is tiled and has two drains in it. I think there must have been at least 20 dogs by the time they were done emptying the kennels. Lily, Noah, and I enjoyed watching it behind the big glass wall.

As we left there we were belted with some chilly wind. Noah handled it better than Lily did. By the time I got home I realized that shorts were not going to cut it anymore. I took the kids out after dinner to get Amanda some dessert (note: I recommend the It's a Grind cafe near Five Guys on High House). By that time I needed jeans and a fleece. It was quite blustery and starting to feel cold. Think San Francisco in August near the bay on a particularly foggy day.

By this morning it was 32 degrees. Oh, and our house is down one more shutter too. It seems like this is the time to paint a new color if we want to go down that road. The wasp nests in the corners probably were a factor in that they pushed the shutter far enough from the house that the wind could get behind them. Looks like I'll be spending some more time on an extension ladder. I need the practice...

0 comments: