CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 7, 2008

A Rough Morning

My alarm went off at 4:45 as usual this morning and, as usual, I didn't jump right out of bed. Noah was making lots of noise and Amanda got him up to feed him. I didn't actually get out of bed until about 5:20 because that's how long it took for him to finish. Of course, he started crying as soon as Amanda put him down.

I tried to go through my normal morning routine, but he kept crying intermittently. I went in to comfort him and that seemed to help, but as soon as I put him back down he started crying again. I was all set to give him Motrin, but then he stopped crying. I thought maybe I was in the clear. I got all ready to work out, but then he started up again.

I resigned myself to the fact that he was not going to sleep. I got him up, changed him, and gave him some Motrin. I brought him down to sit with me while I started to work instead of work out. I figured I might as well try to redeem the time.

I was surprised at 6:40 when I heard Lily's hard and rapid footsteps up above me. She told me that she saw a bug in her room. Sure enough, there was a small roach on her wall. I tried to grab it, but it eluded me and ended up behind her dresser. I guess it's Talstar season again. The problem was that Lily was then up.

Lily tried to entertain Noah in the basement, but it was to no avail. At 7:00 we had breakfast. At 7:30 I woke up Amanda because I had to take the car back to the mechanic to get the brakes looked at. The rear brakes have been squealing since I got them inspected a few weeks ago. It's a great thing that I can work from home!

I hope that today improves for Amanda. At least she is going out with a friend tonight.

0 comments: