CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Slapstick

I had a hilarious series of unfortunate events last night. As a bit of background, you need to know that my legs got sunburned at the baseball game on Monday. My feet are basically OK, but I didn't put sunscreen on my legs. The reason is that I put the sunscreen on before we went to the beach and I was so busy at the game that I never got around to putting it on. Big mistake.

I put some aloe on my legs last night before bed, but they were still pretty sore. It's tough to get comfortable when the sheet is rubbing against yuor legs. Amanda suggested some sort of analgesic and I decided to take some Alleve that we had in our bathroom. The problem was that I needed water to swallow the pills. I planned on using Lily's toothbrushing glass.

As I worked my way over to Lily's bathroom I tripped on the laundry basket that was in the hall. While recovering my balance I knocked a photo off the decorate shelf we have in the hall and the frame landed right on my left big toe. This hurt quite a bit. It didn't bruise quite like my right big toe, but it did hurt. I took the Alleve and went back to bed.

I of course couldn't sleep because I was in a lot of pain and I was also laughing about how ridiculous the whole thing had become. I was shaky from the shock of the pain of my toe, plus my legs still hurt from the sunburn. I went downstairs to get some ice, but the I was shivering like crazy. I think it was from the pain. I iced my toe for a few minutes and then went back to bed.

I ended up sleeping in this morning instead of running. Hopefully I can get out tomorrow.

0 comments: