CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 31, 2010

Thrill Seeker

I took the kids to the Bulls' game Saturday night for a few reasons.  One is that the weather was pretty good, but even more compelling was a combination of Thomas and Friends night combined with fireworks night.  Noah had never seen fireworks, so I figured this was a good chance to break him in.  After all, the show there is good, but not overly-long.  It is certainly minor-league compared to what I've seen after games in Oakland and Cleveland, but it was good when Lily and I saw it last year (her first exposure to fireworks).

Noah wasn't quite sure what to expect.  He kept talking about the jet-powered schoolbus.  I think he expected long tongues of fire and billowing smoke.  I had him on my lap with my hands over his ears, but he was still terrified.  I ended up holding him with one ear pressed against my cheek and my hand over his other ear.  He cried and screamed through the whole show, but never took his eyes off the fireworks.  I was afraid that he was permanently scarred from fireworks after that.

In the morning I asked him what his favorite thing was from going to the game and he said it was the fireworks.

0 comments: