CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Card Shark

Lily really wanted to play a game of Rat-a-Tat-Cat with Amanda yesterday.  She had the cards all dealt out on the floor when I came home from work, but the game had to wait for us to have dinner.  She moved the cards to the dining room table and they started to play while I took Noah downstairs to play pool.

What I heard next reminded me a little bit of Indiana Jones playing poker with Short Round in the jungle.  Suddenly I heard accusations from Amanda.  It seems that Lily intentionally went through the deck and dealt herself a favorable hand.  Amanda was suspicious because Lily knew what all of her cards were, but that's not how the game works.  Lily of course denied the accusations, but it was clear what she was doing.

I told Amanda that was the kind of thing I could have seen myself doing.  That doesn't make it right, of course.  It is clear that much shuffling is in order before playing any games with Lily.

0 comments: