CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Healthy Choices

We are slowly going through a transformation in our household.  As soon as we finish our current bags of fish sticks and chicken nuggets we are not going to replace them.  Amanda is looking for things that she can prepare ahead of time so that we still have convenient food, but food that is much healthier than fish sticks or chicken nuggets.

I don't think that the reality of this has sunk in with Lily.  I'm sure it hasn't with Noah.

Breakfasts are also changing.  I typically make pancakes on Sunday morning and I usually make 6-8 extra chocolate chip pancakes for the kids to have for breakfast during the week.  Now I'm going to make plain pancakes with the leftovers.  Amanda made a big batch of peanut butter oatmeal bake on Sunday evening and the kids had that yesterday.  Healthy eating is definitely not as convenient, but we think it will pay off in the long run.

Meanwhile, while I was at Sam's with Noah yesterday he wondered about the box of chocolate cheerios that he saw.  At least they don't see TV!

0 comments: