CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Blue Dot

It took the better part of the year, but Lily finally got her first blue dot in class yesterday (instead of green for great behavior).  Apparently she was talking to a friend, Mrs. Turner told her to stop, and she kept doing it.  While I'm not proud of her doing this I am reminded that she is my child.  I used to get into trouble for the same thing.  In fact, I understand that my first-grade teacher threatened to rip out my tongue.  She's had warnings before, but never got the blue dot.  It's probably just as well that she not have a perfect record for the year.

Lily seems to be going through something of a transitional time right now as she has been displaying more attitude than usual.  I don't think that my prolonged absences have helped either.  I'm looking forward to being home for the next two nights.  We have a busy weekend ahead in the evenings (commencement and a wedding), but my plan right now is to take the kids to a small air show on Sunday, weather permitting.  If the weather doesn't permit we'll do something else.  Amanda deserves some quiet.

0 comments: