CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 24, 2010

No Show

I had toyed with the idea of taking the kids to the air show yesterday.  The problem is that it is a 2:30 drive each way.  The weather was pretty unstable yesterday and I decided not to go.  We made the best of it though.  Amanda made us scones for breakfast.  I played with Noah all morning and then I took the kids out after lunch.  We hit a bunch of stores at Brier Creek, went to Sam's, and then hit the Dollar Tree for the kids to pick out something.  Lily got another pair of cheap flip-flops and Noah picked out a plastic bat and ball.  Both were very pleased.

I think my decision ended up being the right one.  I don't know it was out at Havelock, but here we alternated between thunderstorms and blue skies.  I would not have wanted to be in an airplane in the weather, that's for sure.  Overall, it was a fun day.  Plus, Amanda got out of the house for a few hours.  This is good because tonight is the first night of my week long module class.  I have class every night from 6:00 - 10:00 all week and then from 8:00 - 12:00 on Saturday morning.  I suspect we won't go that late every night, but we'll see.

0 comments: