CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Mr. Bassman

I'm still fighting the lingering effects of the cold I had last week. One of those effects is that my voice is much lower than usual. For me, it's a fun change from my normal squeaky NE Ohio sound. I've been trying to have some fun with it by playing P.A. Announcer ("now batting...the first baseman..."), singing Barry White songs, and old spirituals. Amanda, on the other hand, is not as amused by my rendition of "Old Man River." Apparently, she's not alone.

Lily enjoys typing on my Blackberry. Since she took so long with her bath tonight we didn't have time for any games. The three of us were sitting on the snuggler together and Lily was typing on my blackberry. This is what she ended up typing (with help):

What is 9 + 9?
It equals 18.
What is 3 + 3?
It equals 6.
I love mom. Please stop. Singing.

Amanda and I thought that was very funny. Well, more Amanda than me actually. It freaks Lily out a little bit when my voice doesn't sound right. I also think it freaks her out when someone can't stay on the right pitch. I'm glad she has more of her mommy's ear for music than her daddy's.

By the way, we've got Noah to start addressing me as "Dah" now. It's a step in the right direction.

0 comments: