CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Being a Boy

I previously lamented Noah's status as a "sweet little boy". He is that and it is OK. However, he is still a boy. I know that there are those who believe that gender roles are merely societal constructs, but my kids tell me otherwise. Lily has always been one to be a nurturer with her baby dolls. Noah doesn't really show any interest in Lily's dolls other than to try to chew on them and smack them around.

Lily got a magic princess wand for her birthday. It's pretty neat in that you can rotate the top and it makes different sounds depending on the princess. Lily wants to use it to transform us into something else. Noah wields it like a club. He also found a broken taper candle in a drawer and started smacking things with that too.

I can't wait until we can start having fires in the fireplace. The boy has the instincts to beat off predators. I'm teaching him about hunting and gathering. Now he just has to learn how to keep the family warm and we're all good.

0 comments: