CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Autumn

I finally got around to raking leaves yesterday. I missed the first run of the city vacuum, but they will be around later. I try to wait until my pear tree is mostly done dropping its leaves so I don't have to rake more than one time.

I did this yesterday morning while Amanda was preparing for the tea party. At first I was going to take Noah, Lily, and Brenna out to Wal Mart or some other errand, but then I realized it was a perfect day for raking leaves -- 50 degrees, sunny, and not too windy. I brought Noah out so he could enjoy this. He really liked it when I put him in a short pile of leaves. He kept grabbing handfuls of leaves and throwing them back down. He loved it.

I figured he would like a big pile even more, so when it was time to rake that pile I put him in the big pile out in the street. I was wrong about that though. He didn't enjoy it as much. Nor did he like having leaves raked over him like I thought he might. We'll see how it goes next year. I am sorry that I didn't get a photo of him standing in the leaf pile though.

The tea party was a success. In fact, one of the girls was crying when it was time to go home.

Later in the day Lily was outside playing with the neighborhood kids. There is one boy who is a couple of years younger than Lily (I think) named Michael. He's a good kid, but apparently he got a little rough with Lily and hit her with a stick. His parents made him apologize. I learned about all of this when Lily came in to the house completely out of breath and coughing. She sprinted as hard as she could to get away from Michael.

It seems like she is getting sick. She got up around 9:00 last night and needed some mommy snuggle time. We gave her some Motrin and put her back to bed. We'll see how it goes today, but she may miss school.

As for the title of this post, it seems like autumn is here in full force. It was 65 when I went out jogging Saturday morning, but only 38 this morning. It's supposed to be in the 20s Wednesday morning. Personally, I think a little crisp weather makes it feel more seasonal.

1 comments:

Kristin said...

Do you have any pics of the tea party? :)