CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Finding our Marbles

I got to enjoy a Federal Reserve holiday today for Veterans Day (thanks Dad, E, Jack, and any other vets out there!). We decided that we should do something together as a family since Lily was off school too. I had my normal early start on a Tuesday morning with my small group at church, but was back home by 8:00 for breakfast. I made some french toast which we topped with a combination of homemade bittersweet hot fudge and white chocolate. Everyone enjoyed it thoroughly, though it led to quite a sugar rush and eventual crash for me.

We then loaded the kids up and went to Marbles Kids Museum in Raleigh. Lily had a voucher for when we went for the Kindergarten Kickoff. It ended up costing us $15 for tickets for Amanda, Noah, and me, but it was worth it. They had a great time with all the stuff there. The ground floor is really like a glorified mall play area, complete with pirate ship. However, the upstairs has some pretty educational stuff. Noah had fun with some of the things too.

We then stopped at Pizza Hut to pick up lunch. Lily had a coupon for a free personal pan pizza that she got as a reward for being read to at least 5 times/week for a month. This is not a big deal for us since she reads "sections" almost every night. It's nice when you get a prize for something you already do.

Noah got down for a late nap at 2:00 and then Amanda and Lily took a bike ride to Lake Crabtree while I did some homework and napped. Lily will be ready to lose the training wheels by next spring. Noah took a good long nap. I then made a cake that I meant to make in time for October 31. It will be fun either way though.

I had a good class tonight. It's nice to be done with my paper, my paper presentation, and all my quizzes for one of my classes. I just have to be ready for the final on 12/9. Amanda says that the kids were good tonight. Now it's back to the regular week.

All in all, it was a great day off. These midweek days off are tough to recover from though.

0 comments: