CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Long Weekend

Actually, the weekend was pretty good overall. However, it was a bit draining on me because I really took the kids. Amanda didn't feel well yesterday, so I took them out for the weekly errands and then took them to church. I had them outside with me this morning while I did yardwork, vacuumed the cars, and did other little outdoor tasks. I had them while Amanda went shopping with her family since her parents were in town. Finally, I had them after dinner.

The way I see it, I had nearly a whole week off and Amanda was fully engaged. Plus, I'm going to get home late on Monday-Wednesday this week because I'm going to learn how to sail sunfish sailboats. My goal was to let Amanda recharge a little bit.

The problem is that the kids seemed to be particularly emotional this weekend. Lily was flipping out over a ton of little stuff. Noah is getting more communicative, which includes being more whiny. Having to wake him from his nap both days didn't help the afternoons either. I think I got a good taste of what some of Amanda's days are like, and I can't say that I envy her much. Work can be annoying, but it's certainly an easier flavor of annoying to swallow.

Time to start a new week...

0 comments: