CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Roller Derby

Lily got some very cute roller skates for her birthday from her Aunt Nat and Uncle Eric. She likes to put them on and walk around the rug we have in the living room. Since the weather is so gorgeous today Amanda thought it would be fun if we went out skating together on a local greenway trail. Frankly, I was pretty skeptical about Lily on the skates, but I thought we should get out, so off we went.

We started off with Lily on a basketball court. She was excited to get her skates on, but once she stood up the fun ended. I tried holding her hands and gently leading her, but she wouldn't have it. We also tried it on the nearby double tennis and volleyball court, but she wouldn't have that either. Amanda got in a few minutes on her skates and I tooled around the courts for a few minutes to get my feet under me.

We ended up taking a mile walk on the greenway. Listening to Lily you'd think that we did a forced march through the snow. She kept complaining about how thirsty she was and how tired her legs got. Amanda decided to carry Lily on her shoulders for the last half-mile, which is reminiscent of this (look at about 1:40 in the video).

Now everyone is napping and I should be preparing for my Greek midterm on Wednesday.

0 comments: