CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 22, 2007

The Happiest Boy

Noah is truly a delight these days. Sure, he still has his fussy times. We can count on a few sustained blocks of crying, gurgling, and general fussiness. However, the good times really leave those in the dust. It seems like every time I lay him down and look at him he has a little smile for me. He's starting to even do little laughs.

He was really happy tonight. I was responding to a blog about the Indians debacle over the past 4 nights and I heard the telltale sounds of a poop coming out. I didn't think too much of it, but I did when I picked him up and found out that it went all up his onesie. I had to carry him in front of me with my hands under his shoulders. He didn't like that too well and he didn't like my efforts to get his onesie off without laying him down in poop.

However, once I got him undressed and started to wipe him up he just became the happiest little guy. He lay there all naked, clean, and kicking. I got him ready for bed and he just kept on smiling. Amanda tells me that he didn't have a poop yesterday. I guess I'd be pretty happy if I were him too.

Lily's actually getting a bit better at listening when we tell her what to do. We still have to deal with some attitude, but I don't remember the last time we had to do a timeout in the basement. She seems to be learning that we're serious when we threaten. Consistency, consistency, consistency...

0 comments: