CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pullen Park

We had a picnic at Pullen Park yesterday. For those of you who aren't familiar with Raleigh, this park is one of the best government resources around for spending a nice day with family. We took a picnic and enjoyed it by the small lake. We took a paddle boat ride, though I'm still looking for a paddle boat with an adjustable seat so I can extend my legs all the way. Lily tried to act as our helmsman, but we found that she seemed to prefer being the captain.

I took Lily on the carousel, which was good except that when I was trying to go back to sleep this morning after being paged I could hear the music from the restored Wurlitzer organ. Unfortunately, they did not have the train operating.

All in all, it was a really fun day. We ended our day with some BBQd bratwurst out in the gazebo topped off with some of my homemade pumpkin ice cream. Noah was wonderful all day. Life is good.

0 comments: