CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Singing

As I mentioned yesterday, I took Lily to Cary's Lazy Daze art festival. The highlight was the Band of Brother's concert. One of the songs they do is "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake. That song is also on one of our editions of "Karaoke Revolution" and is one that I sing. I like the driving guitar in the chorus, so I like to sing the song. The problem is that it's in an awkward range for me and I have to change the octave I'm singing in a couple of times. Since I'm not such a great singer anyway, the results aren't so pretty.

Lily made the comment during the song, "Karl sings this song better than you do, daddy." I explained to her that Karl sings every song better than I do.

We're talking about a guy who has a better ear for music than probably 99.9% of the world. Then there is me who has had to struggle to make passable music on the guitar and harmonica.

0 comments: