CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 22, 2010

Starting the Vigil

We got a call at around 5:10 this morning that our nephew is about to be born.  Amanda rushed off to the hospital.  I'm going to get Lily on the bus and then swap vehicles with her at the hospital.  Hopefully I'll get to meet him before I have to get to work.

This is big news in these parts, as you might imagine.  This is also good for the blog because I don't have much else to report.  I had a nice afternoon with Lily yesterday.  We had brunch in the morning with Jack and Melanie.  It turns out that their timing in coming up from Florida was excellent.

My brother-in-law is from Maine and is a big Red Sox fan.  It's time to start indoctrinating him with Red Sox lore.  He has to learn about guys like the Splendid Splinter, Johnny Pesky and his pole, the Yawkey family, and, of course, the Bambino.  He also has to be trained from day 1 to have the proper attitude toward the Yankees.  Maybe a Yankee-themed diaper would be appropriate for starters.

0 comments: