CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Psalm 1

No, I haven't mistakenly posted something meant for my other blog.  This is a story about Noah.  First, the Psalm:

Psalms 1:1-6
(1)  Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
(2)  but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.
(3)  He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.
(4)  The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away.
(5)  Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous;
(6)  for the LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.

I put Noah to bed last night and then went into our room to change clothes.  It took me maybe 2 minutes to change.  As I came out I noticed light coming out from under Noah's door.  I found him sitting on his bed paging through his Bible.  I could hardly get upset about him doing that, but I still was not happy that he had turned on his light.  I just put out my hand and he closed the Bible and gave it to me.  I covered him back up and told him to go back to sleep.

I couldn't help but think that he is getting a head start on Psalm 1:2.  We just have to make sure that it happens when he is not supposed to be sleeping.

1 comments:

Shari Braendel said...

Ahhh, to find our kids reading the bible is so amazing...it's such a treat to a mother's heart...wait till he buys a reading light with his allowance so you won't catch him..haha!!!! love ya!