CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Pics

This is Lily in her Princess and the Pea regalia. This was for "fairy tale day" at school, which should never be confused with Halloween. I wonder if this is a case where political correctness is the result of overzealous Christians instead of some other group?

This is the jack-o-lantern that I lovingly carved Friday night. I was afraid that the nose wouldn't show up and I was right. I learned a valuable lesson for next year.



Here we have the annual Diet of Worms cake. I tried to explain the 95 theses to Lily tonight, but I'm not sure that she quite got it yet. Her only context for "church" is our church, so it's kind of hard to explain how there was just one church for a long time (we won't get into the Eastern/Roman schism), etc. Either way, she and Noah both really liked this cake.


"You've grown up Annie."


I can't even begin to count how many compliments Lily got on her costume. The yellow face paint didn't show up in the dark, but it did make for a good photo. Amanda is getting pretty adept at the face painting. This costume was a reprise of her ballet recital outfit. She didn't have the wings or the face paint then, but she did have the pretty barrette and the dress.
I took Noah and Lily around our cul-de-sac. Noah was done with a house or two to go. He was glad to be home, get undressed, and get into bed. Lily and I went back out to do the neighborhood up right. Her plastic pumpkin bucket got heavy enough that she complained about carrying it. There is much chocolate to be eaten in the next several months.


I don't know why I do such a poor job of estimating how much candy we need. This year I only got one big bag at Sam's and that still ended up being way too much. I also bought a bag of peanut butter cups and a bag of butterfingers today, just in case. Coincidentally, both types of candy will be good in ice cream. Funny how that works out.

0 comments: