CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Change of Heart

Lily made a fairly stunning announcement a couple of weeks ago. She declared that she "hates the princesses now." When you consider that there was a time when everything she had involved the Disney princesses, that is quite a change of heart. She also decided a few months ago that she doesn't like Hannah Montana. That was just fine with us. We explained why Hannah Montana was not good for her and she seemed to accept it.


The princess news is a bit hard to take. I will admit to getting pretty tired of them. I think an argument can be made that they set up some pretty unrealistic expectations in little girls, but that isn't much different than all of us boys who want to be superheroes and save the world. While I won't miss them I will miss the Lily who loved them. I don't want to hold on to the past, but it's a good reminder to enjoy the stage that she is in now.

Meanwhile, the Pook is still obsessed with sports and I hope he stays that way for a long time.

0 comments: