CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 23, 2009

More Car Windows

We're enjoying summer's last gasp here. This morning it was in the low 60s. That's windows-down weather when driving, as far as I'm concerned. The problem is that the driver's window in the old Civic has been sticking more and more lately. Normally there is a sticky spot in the middle and I can just fight through it. Today as I tried to roll it up in anticipation of the highway it just stuck. When I got to work I realized that it was completely out of the track.


I was thinking about taking this afternoon off anyway so I could get a few things done. I didn't really bargain for having to do some DIY repair on the car. Thanks to the internet, the advice of some knowledgeable coworkers, and the right tool I am now back in business with a working window. I don't like the sound it makes when it is near the top, but I can live with that for now. Sadly, I used up most of that productive time trying to put my inside door panel back on. Now that I know the trick it will be quicker next time.

Now I'm hoping that the rain stays away long enough for Lily and I to enjoy the fair tonight.

0 comments: