CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 9, 2009

Concert

Our church hosted a stop on a Christian music tour last night. The original plan was for Amanda and I to go, but Amanda was sick and I took Lily. We had a pretty good time, though there were a couple of snags.


I bought her a glowstick for $2 so she could play with a blue glowing ring. She had a lot of fun with it until she managed to break it. The glowing stuff inside splattered around, which looked kind of surreal. It reminded me of the blood in Predator.

Building 429 ended their set with "O Happy Day," which is a song that Lily really likes. She stood on her chair for it, but got a little too far to the back and the chair folded on her. You'd think that she had a compound fracture of her lower leg, but oddly enough she was able to stand on it.

Lily's favorite part was the girl group "Kimber Rising." I was pretty unimpressed with them, though they did sound nice. She didn't want to talk to them afterwards though. She never does.

I really enjoyed Todd Agnew's show. He's very funny, but he's also quite challenging and deep. The main problem was that it was getting pretty late by the time he came on. We stayed until the end and then pretty much bolted. Lily didn't get to bed until nearly 10:30. Hopefully she has done OK in school today. I also hope that her attitude is OK with Grandma Judy tonight.

I wish I could have got video of Lily standing on her chair singing one of the songs she knew. She really gets into it. I think I'll have my chance either at the fair or at Winter Jam.

0 comments: