CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Shop Til You Drop

I was hoping to take Lily and/or Noah to Artsplosure today, but the weather did not permit that. In fact, it is now 8 degrees colder at 4:06 PM than it was at 6:00 AM today. It's a blustery rainy day.

In lieu of that I took her to the mall. We wanted to check out the new Lego store that just opened at Crabtree. The store is less than a week old and we had to wait in line to get in because of fire codes. They probably could do something similar at the Apple store, but they let that just get crazy-crowded.

Anyhow, Lily found a little kit that you can build into an airplane, space shuttle, or boat. It cost her $5.32 with tax, which was good because she only had $6 to spend. I think that was a better buy than the $8 flower hair clip that she saw at J. Crew.

To no one's surprise, Lily likes the mall quite a bit. I was also touched when she saw a display in a window and said, "She is not being modest" for a swimwear ad. I also pointed out to Lily that she is never going to wear shorts as short as some of the girls at the mall if I have anything to say about it.

She did get tired after a while though. I did give her a shoulder ride near the end. That's getting harder and harder to do, but I figure it's Dad's job to suck it up and deal with it.

0 comments: