CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Everything that Rocks

We are going through one of the periods where the local Christian radio station doesn't come in very well. That is our standard station when in the car with the kids. Personally, I've grown a bit tired of it, but I'd rather they listen to that than some other stuff.

Lily really likes to have music in the car, so I scanned around a bit. One of my destinations is one of the local rock stations. I'd rather listen to that than some other things, but of course I need to be careful about the songs. For example, one time I went there I heard the beginnings of Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap, which I thought would take too much explaining. Later on, we heard the end of Dr. Feelgood. I figured that was innocuous enough. Turns out that Lily really likes Motley Crue. (sorry, I'm not sure how to include the vital umlauts in their name)

I don't mind if Lily likes rock music, I just hope that she doesn't end up liking rock musicians.

1 comments:

Confessions of a Housewife said...

LOL, funniest story ever about crue song, ryan decided to listen to shout at the devil til he saw ava rocking out and shouting shout at the devil.

Ryan realized cija will kill me and switches it to klove and shout to the lord was on, LOL. It took a few days of singing shout to the lord for her to forget shout at the devil

Right now our kids favorite song is were not gonna take it by twisted sister and yes it is played in the car at max volume with the kids rocking and singing outloud, it sure is a sight to see !!

As my one friend pointed it, it could've been worse, It could've been Madonna's like a virgin !