CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Running Amok

At my suggestion we took Kim to Goodberry's last night. The flavor of the day was pistachio. I had mine with wet walnuts and marshmallow, which was good. Amanda had her staple of peanut butter fudge and chocolate chip, Lily and Noah split a cup of chocolate, and Kim had the Hawaiian. It was a very nice evening to sit outside and eat custard, though of course I would consider a category 5 hurricane also to be a nice evening to sit outside and eat custard.

Noah had a blast. He loved running around the fountain. Being in Cary I didn't feel too self-conscious about all the little shrieks he let out. I'm pretty sure that most of the adults there had kids at some point in their lives. He certainly got a lot more smiles than frowns. He also did some stopping and staring at folks. He is so engaging that he begs conversations from people. He even had the girl working behind the counter talking to him and looking into his eyes.

The good news is also that all the running seemed to get most of the chocolate out of their systems. He and Lily went to bed in good order last night, though a tad late. Meanwhile, I was so exhausted that I went to sleep around 8:30. I was a bit restless through the night, but I think I probably logged a good 9 hours of sleep last night. I clearly needed it.

0 comments: