CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Packing Up

Sorry for not blogging about Days 6 and 7. We had some good times, which is one of the reasons why I didn't do any blogging. We were busy with the pool and the hot tub as well as movie watching, going out to dinner, and going to the beach. Let me try to hit some of the highlights:

Thursday was gray, but warm. We swam in the pool for a bit, but it wasn't very comfortable. Amanda and I had a nice walk on the beach in the morning. I went jogging on the beach early Thursday morning and my legs are still sore. The McKenzies went out for dinner and we got to put both girls to bed. Fortunately, it ended up working out OK.

Yesterday started off a little rough with much rain in the morning. In fact, we made a try at going to the beach, but got chased off by the rain. It got sunny about an hour after that. We spent some time in the pool and in the hot tub. We went out for dinner as a family since we were getting low on meal food. There is always some food left over at the end of these trips, but not always enough to feed 7 grownups and 2 little ones. Bill and I watched some of the Cavs game and everyone else watched a movie.

I'm really not particularly looking forward to going home. I often am at the end of trips like this, but as I sit here on the top of the house with the sun shining in the window I hate to leave. I really liked this house. I also have a sense of trying to delay the inevitable as things will be quite busy when we go home.

Lily is going to be a social butterfly this weekend. Her friend Niki (I probably messed up the spelling) has her party today at 3. A friend from dance class has a party tomorrow afternoon. Today's party will feature someone who brings animals and closes with a gospel presentation. Tomorrow's party will have pony rides. These parties are fun and all, but we're afraid that they give Lily the idea that her birthday parties must be really elaborate.

Oh, and did I mention that I have class all this week? I'm excited for the class, but not about being in class.

0 comments: