CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Long Battle

We had another epic battle in the fight with Lily and eating last night. One of Amanda's friends from church brought over a casserole called "Santa Fe Chicken". We decided that Lily didn't have to eat that, but she could have a slice of quiche. This isn't any kind of funky quiche either -- it's just eggs and cheese. Not that big of a deal, but Lily ended up spending 50 minutes in her room screaming about it last night. Eventually she quit screaming and she rode her big wheel around the cul-de-sac while I mowed the lawn. We played some karaoke and some Chutes & Ladders as well. It ended up being an OK evening.

Noah was kind of fussy last night. Amanda is trying to stretch out the feedings at night, but he wouldn't have it. I think as a family we were up from about 3:00 to 3:30. I'm pretty sure Amanda fed him around 4:00, but I'm a bit fuzzy on it. All I know is that I ended up sleeping in until 6:00 this morning. Perhaps I'll get my lifting workout in this evening, though I'm not going to count on it.

Lily got up at 7:03 this morning and we resumed the battle over the quiche. I melted a piece of American cheese after she agreed to eat it that way. I told her that she had to eat the whole thing or I wouldn't flash the lights and beep the horn when I leave for the rest of the week. She didn't like that idea, so she finally ate it. Hopefully we're on the road to her enjoying a wider spectrum of food.

0 comments: