CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 23, 2007

Keeping Up the Legacy

We're starting to get into freezer meals to keep up our stretch of not cooking in August. I think that we can make it through the rest of the week, which has been great. I made the comment yesterday that I think we can start cooking soon and Amanda said, "You mean that you can start cooking soon?" She was only half-joking. Still, it's going well.

We had some chili that a friend of Amanda's brought over very shortly after Noah was born. She included a little ziploc bag of 5 cornbread muffins, which of course complemented the chili nicely. We gave one to Lily who had a meal of "door cheese eggs" (scrambled eggs with American cheese). shh...don't tell Lily that I added some egg white for extra protein

As Lily ate her muffin I suggested a little honey on it. She was a bit reluctant at first, but quickly embraced it after trying it. I also had my second muffin with honey. I couldn't help but think of my Grandpa Chamberlain. It seemed like the way he would end such a meal if he could. I don't know if I could bring myself to chew on a honeycomb like I remember him doing, but I do remember his penchant for sweets.

Unfortunately, Lily eats at the speed of my Grandma Chamberlain. If she could find a balance there we might have something.

0 comments: