CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 11, 2007

Playing Games

For some reason, Lily hasn't been quite as focused lately when we play Memory. I beat her 22-14 last night and 23-13 tonight. She's just started playing, well, like a 3 year-old. I'm not sure if it's because she's getting bored or if she just isn't bringing her "A" game.

Either way, I think we're going to expand the games we play. I'm slowly trying to teach her checkers, but her interest wanes around when we start crowning kings (or her "princess" as she prefers to call a king). We may pick up a basic counting game like Chutes & Ladders or Sorry. No matter what, we need to get her into more counting and strategy.

I'm holding off on chess, though I understand that children as young as 3 have learned how to play chess at some level. We'll see how that goes...

0 comments: