CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Crying Wolf

Lily and I have kind of a standing dialog going when I put her to bed each night. I can almost always count on her asking if there are going to be "funderstorms tonight", to which I usually reassure her that there won't be. She sometimes asks me if it is going to be chilly tonight, which has not been a problem since it is starting to feel like summer here in Cary. Then she invariably asks me if I will be listening on the baby monitor. I always reassure her that I will be listening on the baby monitor and that mommy can hear her from the bedroom.

We didn't have the full dialog tonight. Frankly, I was in a hurry to try the cake that I made for tomorrow. I used the "waste" cake that is leftover from leveling the cake to make a tiny version of the cake (yellow cake with hazelnut mousse in between the layers and covered in dark chocolate ganache). I also wanted to try the peanut butter cup ice cream I made. I had to reassure her about "funderstorms" tonight, but we didn't get into the whole baby monitor discussion.

Amanda and I were enjoying our cake in the kitchen when we heard Lily get increasingly upset. She was screaming frantically for me and by the time I got up there she was sitting on the foot of the bed screaming for me at the top of her little lungs. I asked her what was wrong and she was kind of noncommittal about that. I asked her if she yelled just to see if I'd come and she told me that she had. She said that she didn't think I was listening on the baby monitor because she didn't ask me about it. Basically, it was a test. I explained that she was not to do that again.

Quite the little manipulator we have here.

0 comments: