CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A New Sport


One of my coworkers has season tickets to the Carolina Railhawks. I've considered taking Lily to a game, but they start kind of late and the cheapest seats are $10 each. That's a little bit more than I'd want to spend on something that Lily wouldn't really concentrate on. In fact, that costs more than seeing the Durham Bulls.

However, this coworker got a small set of free tickets for the game tonight which he graciously offered to a select group of people. I took a pair and had fun with Lily at the game. She didn't really watch it and the highlight for her was running up and down the stairs with a group of girls she met. Of course, at about the 80 minute mark I told her that it was time to go and she protested in saying that she wanted to watch more of the game. I told her that we'd stay as long as she kept watching. To her credit she did keep watching.

She didn't get to bed until after 9:30 tonight, but I think it was worth it. We had fun at the game despite having to pay $5 to park, $2.50 for a bottle of water, and $3 for a mediocre cinnamon-sugar pretzel. Evenings like this don't happen all the time and it was fun to have a daddy/daughter night out.

I'm thinking that soccer may be Lily's only chance at a team sport. Hopefully she will be a faster runner than her mommy or daddy and be able to be a speedy forward.

0 comments: