CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Early Impressions

So far our little man is the complete opposite of our little lady. Like many preemies, he is very sleepy. I am jokingly reminded of this verse:

Pro 26:15 ESV
(15) The sluggard buries his hand in the dish; it wears him out to bring it back to his mouth.


because he will just hang out on the breast and fall asleep. We took him to the doctor today and found that he is down to 6 lbs, 1 oz. This means that he has lost about 12.5% of his birth weight. The good news is that he is well-hydrated. He also is showing some transition in his poop as he's going from straight tar to some mixed seeds in there (those with kids know what I mean). The doctor didn't order any supplementing yet. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. I may have to hide a few fishing sinkers in his diaper :)

We had our first night at home last night and it went pretty well. He wasn't generally very fussy except when he had a messy diaper. We're still doing the swaddling tag-team as Amanda just can't seem to get the swaddle tight enough. At least I can help, though I feel terrible when I keep waking up during the night.

Overall, he has been a lot easier than Lily was at first. I hate to compare too much, but it's impossible not to. I took Lily out for a picnic and some shopping today. Tomorrow her Aunt Claudia and Aunt Tiffany are thinking about taking her to the zoo tomorrow. That should be fun for her and a nice break for her.

0 comments: