CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 28, 2009

Arachnophobia

Lily is off of school today for a teacher workday. Brenna doesn't have preschool either, so the two of them have been playing. The weather is beautiful here today and I suggested that they play outside this morning. Lily captured a pretty decent-sized spider in her bug jar and brought it into the house so we could see it.


Everything was going great until, for some reason, Lily decided to put some water in her jar. The spider crawled out on to her hand. The only indication I had that something was going on was the two shrieks I heard from the bathroom as they both came running out. Lily got brave and we looked for the spider. We found it crawling on the floor and I tried to put it back in the jar so she could let it go outside. Sadly, in my attempt to capture it I ended up killing it.

All in all she was at least as brave as I would have been if not a bit more. I don't think she'll be eager to catch another spider though.

0 comments: